Posted to rec.audio.tech
Mark D. Zacharias Mark D. Zacharias is offline

Default Infinity Active Subwoofer Repair Help

wrote:
I have an Infinity RS 10 Sub for quite a few years now and I have been
very happy with it, until this morning. I turned the stereo on and no
noise from the sub. I checked to make sure everything was plugged in
correctly and had not been knocked loose somehow. Everything checked
out.

So, I unplugged the power and plugged it back in. The amp clicked on
and it worked beautifully for about 5 seconds and then it clicked
itself off. I repeated this a couple of times with the same results.

Anyone know what could be the malfunction and how I might go about
repairing it? If not, does anyone know of a descent Inifinity repair
shop in the North Dallas area?

Thanks in advance,
Craig C.

These models use an output IC no longer available. It's possible that
resoldering it will fix it, otherwise your probably looking at a new sub (or
will be soon, that is...) .

Mark Z.