Scott Dorsey

Default Aphex Comps - Which are the good ones?

Chris Del Faro wrote:
Anybody here ever met a "toobessence" model they liked? g

No.

My understanding (feel free to correct it), is that the tubessence is
more like a mild enhancer than anything remotely resembling a "real"
tube stage.

Yes... get the patent. It's freely available from the uspto patent
server and it's a very enlightening read. There's basically a control
in there to adjust the operating point of the device and they set it
for a given distortion level.

Wonder how much was marketing hype vs. tangible benefits...

I dunno, some people seem to like how it sounds. I don't, but it's a sound.