Jim Williams

Default Aphex Comps - Which are the good ones?

Rob Reedijk wrote in message ...
Analogeezer wrote:
I am thinking about adding another compressor to my collection and I
started thinking about the Apex line.

Geez, Expressor, Compellor, Dominator, it's hard to keep them all
straight. I've heard some of them totally suck and that others are
really cool. Then there is one that supposedly sucks until Jim
Williams mods it, then it's really cool.

I know the Dominator is more aimed at broadcast apps, but what's the
diff between an expressor and compellor?

What's the difference between a compellor and a compellor?
Keep in mind there are a few flavours. The older ones are stereo
only while the newer 320s are also dual mono. I have one of the original
ones. Very nice, but I wish I could also use it dual mono.

Rob R.

You can mod the old 300 compellors into dual mono by cutting some
wires on a ribbon connector and some other stuff. It's all layed out
in the manual on how to do it.
Jim Williams
Audio Upgrades