Jim Weld

Default Aphex Comps - Which are the good ones?

I've used the Compellor to send live and pre-recorded feeds to ceiling
distribution systems, and for that it's great. Handles a tremendous dynamic
range, and it's (almost) idiot proof . I believe its use in the studio is
extremely limited.

Jim

"Analogeezer" wrote in message
om...
I am thinking about adding another compressor to my collection and I
started thinking about the Apex line.

Geez, Expressor, Compellor, Dominator, it's hard to keep them all
straight. I've heard some of them totally suck and that others are
really cool. Then there is one that supposedly sucks until Jim
Williams mods it, then it's really cool.

Other than staying away from anything that says "Tubessence", can
anybody suggest what the Aphex comps to look for are?

I know the Dominator is more aimed at broadcast apps, but what's the
diff between an expressor and compellor?

Thanks,

Analogeezer