Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Default OK, now how about cartridges for an RB-250 arm

On May 22, 9:38*am, ScottW wrote:
On May 21, 9:46*pm, Boon wrote:

On May 21, 5:12*pm, Bret L wrote:

On May 21, 4:54*pm, Boon wrote:

On May 21, 3:02*pm, "Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!"

wrote:
On May 21, 12:20*pm, Boon wrote:

On May 21, 12:16 am, "Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!"

wrote:
Boon recommended an Ortofon.

How about a Denon hi-output MC? What other options do you feel works
well with this arm?

Hm. How about under $250?

Ortofon 2M Blue. It's $199. I've heard it on a couple of Rega arm/
tables now, and it's a great match.

But I must warn you that unless you know how to solder, you don't
deserve it.

Can I rivet instead?

((Riveting has always been for sissies. Anyone can grab a riveting gun
and rivet a feral cat to the hood of a car. Soldering takes a lot more
knowledge, especially when it comes to fusing bone to metal. Boon.))

*Doofuses both.

*Riveting actually is more of an art than soldering. I mean real
riveting, with a riveter and bucking bars. But it isn't how you join
electrical connections, usually. A cart install usually doesn't
involve soldering anyway, so this is a stupid comment in the first
place.

No, we're making fun of you, and you're way too stupid (and/or
autistic) to figure it out.

*My point is that there is a purpose to matching carts and arms that
involves the compliance of the cartridge, the mass of the tone arm,
and several other factors. Few seem to know anything about it anymore..
There used to be some good articles on it in hi fi magazines but since
the late 70s it has become a black art. Stereopile and the like do not
like procedure, rigor or science, so you won't find it there.

Yes, that's true. But if you actually had any recent experience with
this, you'd know that just about every modern arm can matched to just
about any modern cartridge. They do that on purpose so that there are
more options to the consumer.

LoL. * What a complete moron.

Have you read any good books lately?

What cartridge would you recommend for an RB-250 arm?

What speakers do you like that are under $1,000/pr? Somebody as averse
to being an "audiophool" would certainly have some recommendations on
that one.

Oh, by the way: I've initiated 3-400% more audio-related discussions
than you have.

What an imbecile. LoL.