Posted to rec.audio.opinion
hophead hophead is offline

Default OK, now how about cartridges for an RB-250 arm

In article 9ec62e8d-22f6-4213-8ed3-8595096adf17
@m33g2000vbi.googlegroups.com, says...

Boon recommended an Ortofon.

That was my recommendation, too, but at the time I was thinking of the
2M Red, which is very good at around $100.00.

I see you are willing to spend more than that - perhaps an Ortofon 2M
Blue?

A lot of people seem to love the AT440MLa which would also fit your
budget.

How about a Denon hi-output MC? What other options do you feel works
well with this arm?

I don't have any experience with the Denon Carts. I know the DL103 is
legendary.

If you are considering MC carts, what are you using for a phono stage?

While it's not exactly the same thing, I have a modified Goldring MM
cart on a modified RB250: the cart is sold as the AudioNote IQ 2 and the
arm as the AudioNote Arm 1, with both products rewired and modded by
AudioNote. The synergy is delightful, and I suspect that Goldring carts
in general will work well with Rega tone arms.