John Byrns

In article .com,
"Joseph Meditz" wrote:

Although the OP is tangled up in his own underwear, I think that he's
alluding to the relationship between sampling rate and quantization
noise.

Can you explain the "relationship between sampling rate and quantization
noise"? I thought sampling and quantization were two independent effects,
sampling being an essentially analog effect creating no noise within the
signal bandwidth as long as the sampling rate is greater than two times
the signal bandwidth, while quantization is the conversion of sample
values to discrete digital values and does create noise?

Regards,

John Byrns

Surf my web pages at, http://users.rcn.com/jbyrns/