Jim Hoff

Default "Fixed" 8 volt output o-loads eq

Yes the "fixed" output I am trying to tone down is not controlled by
any voulme control on the head unit, other than the mute control.

I need a full range signal and not just mid-bass at the request of my
daughter passengers in the back. The xover is set for 1.6k hz, nice
and low

The spec in the manual says 55 ohm output impedance. (not 55k)

So does that mean if I build an interconnect with a 55 ohm resistor in
the tip, the signal will be reduced 3 db??

On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 08:11:31 -0500, "MZ"
wrote:

My plan is to try a 10k resistor (guessing on the value here) inline with
the tip of the interconnect rca before the EQ.

Check your amp's manual. A lot of times there's a value for input
impedance. It's generally in the 10-30k range. Then just treat it as a
voltage divider.

PS Are you saying that this output isn't controlled by the volume knob?

Is this plan valid???

Another idea, better, would be to able to sum the mids & highs for the

back
speakers *without having them be summed to the front speakers. That way,
fronts and rear would be controlled by the head unit's volume control. I
don't know how to build this circuit, other than buying a little mixer.

It's a pain. Leave it alone.

Why not run just the low output to the rears? Where's the cutoff?