Les

Default when is capacitors used?

"Tha Ghee" wrote in message

You said that a battery cannot be a source
because it must be supplied with energy first. Well, according to your
logic then, sources must not exist.

no an alt creates it own but a batt. doesn't

A battery creates due to a chemical reaction. But if you want to get
technical the alternator does not "create" it's own power either. It has to
rely on the engine to turn to supply it with energy. So the alt. has no
capabilities to make power on it's own. If I were to set an alt on my
counter and hook something up to it they would both just sit there. So in
your world there are no sources of power. The same logic you apply to the
battery I have just applied to your alt. Unfortunately it does not make
sense in the real world, only in Gheeland.

Les