Todd H.

Default CD R on Boombox CD Player

(SPS22) writes:
I just bought an inexpensive JVC boombox CD player. It is advertised
as playing CD R/W. Some of my CD-R's play fine, some don't. I
tried to burn the non-playing CD's again on my computer on different
CD brand, they still do not play.

One question: what speed are you burning at?

Is something wrong with this JVC boombox? Should we get a better
boombox? Or is it a problem that is bound happen in these
inexpensive boomboxes.

Possible. To figure it out, take the same CD-R's that won't play in
your JVC boombox and try playing them in a variety of CD players and
see how uncommon it really is for those particular CD-R's not to play.

It could be that you're burning at too high a rate. In my own
experience, when I burn audio CD-R's at 2x on Sony media with my
Lite-On burner, I've yet to find a player that they won't play
on--even players not advertised as capable of playing CD-R or CD-RW.
At 4x, some of my friends' players start crapping out. I never burn
audio CD-R's faster than 4x.

Best Regards,
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | Todd H