Pooh Bear

Default preamp design

Mike Rivers wrote:

In article writes:

Until about 1985 or so, everything came with schematics in the manual.
And a lot of products still do.

Before 1985, there wasn't a product-of-the-month and competition
between manufacturers, so it was OK to openly publish a schematic
without a non-disclosure agreement. Today much of our gear is pretty
much unfixable even if you had a schematic, and the manufacturers
don't want to hint at trade secrets.

Uhuh. There's a few things I won't disclose. When you find out how to
improve something and it's taken a while, you don't want to give it all
away. I've had my design ideas 'copied' through sloppy management of the
client company and I don't intend to see it recur.

I don't see any reason why a mic preamp doesn't come with a schematic
though, other than that far more of them are sold to people who don't
read manuals (much less keep track of them) so it would be an
unjustified publishing expense.

In my experience these days, very few ppl bother with reading the manual.
See some of the questions here. Their loss, I say.

Graham