Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

Default Conn tuner

On 21/05/2019 12:23 AM, Scott Dorsey wrote:
geoff wrote:
Anybody know the power/current consumption of an ST-11. I have a USA
version coming and will need to build or source a 110v 60Hz
inverter/whatever supply to run it from 230v 50Hz.

Doesn't mention the power spec in the manual, though it does have
schematic and component list !

I don't know but... I think the only difference between the 50 and 60 Hz
versions was the strobe disc, and you might be able to order a 50 Hz strobe
disc.

If you run it on inverter, that inverter needs to be VERY precisely on
frequency. Crystal control, no free-running oscillator.
--scott

Looks like the unit natively runs on a RC-based local oscillator.

The 60Hz mains frequency (x2=120Hz) is only used for the 'Calibrate'
function, and the unit can be calibrated equally well from a precise
musical-note tone.

geoff