Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default free EQ match plug in for Audacity?

On 5/5/2019 9:53 PM, gray_wolf wrote:
~ 20 years Steinberg, I think, had a plugin that would match a target
sound track to the master track. IIRC it work on unrelated tracks.

It faded out of popularity when people found out that it couldn't make
their guitar solo sound like the one on a famous record.

I think the idea was to use it on a mix (which could be a mix of the
drum mics) to match the overall tone of a target song, sort of like one
of the many small tweaks that have become part of "mastering." I don't
know if it worked for that in a useful way.