Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default VU Meters again

On 2/2/2015 3:00 PM, mcp6453 wrote:
A friend gave me a pair of beautiful, very large Modutec VU meters.
When I fired it up, it didn't work. After a little signal tracing, I
discovered that the needles on both meters are frozen solid. When I
took them apart to see why, I found that the movements are totally
saturated with metal filings. It looks like someone dumped the guts
from an Etch-A-Sketch in it.

Contact http://larsonmetercraft.com/
He's da man when it comes to fixing VU meters. It might cost more to
have them repaired than it's worth for you to have them working, but an
autopsy will only cost you the price of shipping.

--
For a good time, visit http://mikeriversaudio.wordpress.com