Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

Default Audio Editor vs. DAW: Whats the Difference?

On 17/08/2017 2:34 PM, wrote:
On Wednesday, August 16, 2017 at 8:50:12 PM UTC-4, Geoff wrote:
That's funny, until I came here, no one or know one, new of these
Sony Machines, two were very common in mastering CDs. Scott was told
something by someone and had an unclear picture, even he didn't know.
I thought this was "Pro" group? It was I who investigated the Sony
"Hot" and not so "hot" audio from someone was was instrumental in the
CD mastering business.

I think pretty much everybody here knew what the PCM-1610 etc were.

What improved quality of CDs ? Better AD and DA conversion, in
recording side as well as in domestic players. And more recently
bigger deeper faster computer processors which allowed things to be
done at higher resolution and precision that earlier.

'But CDs are still 16 bit.

Yes, and ?

And then there was musical 'taste', which in one period seem to
equate over-bright with clarity.

-- I have yet to hear any thing like that on CD! -- Like that Elton
John CD I had, that made me return my very first CD player. -- The
master tapes are held in the UK, not USA, why the CD sounded more
tape hiss than music!!

Let's move on!!

Starting to get silly again. Over and out.

geoff