Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] jjaj1998@netscape.net is offline

Default Audio Editor vs. DAW: Whats the Difference?

On Wednesday, August 16, 2017 at 8:50:12 PM UTC-4, Geoff wrote:
On 17/08/2017 11:22 AM, wrote:
On Wednesday, August 16, 2017 at 4:07:24 PM UTC-4, geoff wrote:
On 17/08/2017 3:58 AM,
wrote:
http://www.toptenreviews.com/softwar...ting-software/

JUST AS I THOUGHT!!!

Jack

Bit of a fluffy article. Their definition of 'best' might not be
the same as that of people for whom these functions are a
specialty.

There is a degree of cross-over between the two, but also distinct
differences in function and purpose. Some apps could do both, but
would be IMO 'cluttered'. Essentially they got that bit right.

If you want a fully-fledged DAW for less that their $100, check
out Reaper with licence for personal use.

geoff

I see Reaper was used in the multi-tracks I gained. Thanks, but when
I can producer better sound quality than what the Columbia Records
engineers published, Goldwave is all I need.

You can try others for free to see if the workflow is the same, better,
or worse for you. Sound 'quality' in itself not likely to be
significantly different, unless Goldwave has some inherent low-spec flaws..

What improved sound quality of CDs? Same claim better DA converters.
I claim, getting rid of those stinking Sony PCM machines (part of
DAW) that know one knew how to operate, because everyone was scared
of digital "sound"!!

"Know one" ?!!!

You no that was a typo!!

The Sony PCM machines were nothing to do with DAWs at all.

That's funny, until I came here, no one or know one, new of these Sony Machines, two were very common in mastering CDs. Scott was told something by someone and had an unclear picture, even he didn't know. I thought this was "Pro" group? It was I who investigated the Sony "Hot" and not so "hot" audio from someone was was instrumental in the CD mastering business.

What improved quality of CDs ? Better AD and DA conversion, in recording
side as well as in domestic players. And more recently bigger deeper
faster computer processors which allowed things to be done at higher
resolution and precision that earlier.

'But CDs are still 16 bit.

And then there was musical 'taste', which in one period seem to equate
over-bright with clarity.

-- I have yet to hear any thing like that on CD!
-- Like that Elton John CD I had, that made me return my very first CD player.
-- The master tapes are held in the UK, not USA, why the CD sounded more tape hiss than music!!

Let's move on!!

Jack

geoff