Digidog27

Default Protools AV Option - is this just internal smpte?

Protools AV Option - is this just internal smpte?

So - I'm looking to grab a three 002 rigs but I need to lock to
external time code. HD is too overpowered and pricey for the use. BRBR
as far as i know the AV option is only an add on to a tdm system.
the AV option is actually avid video digitizing harware.
smpte IS available in protools TDM software whether you have the AV or AV/XL
option or not.

if you are going with the 002, then you perhaps are looking for the dv toolkit,
which ultimately has a few perks, but the main reason anyone would buy it would
be the smpte option.