Posted to rec.audio.pro
mcp6453[_2_] mcp6453[_2_] is offline

Default Dynamic Mic Noise

On 8/29/2018 8:57 AM, Scott Dorsey wrote:
mcp6453 wrote:
On 8/29/2018 8:21 AM, Scott Dorsey wrote:

You have a magnetic field somewhere, maybe from a large transformer nearby,
and the microphones are picking up magnetic field leakage. Moving the
location to the other side of the room might fix everything. Then again it
might not. You might also try an original Sennheiser MD421, which has a
bucking coil to reduce magnetic pickup.

Thanks, Scott. I only have one original MD421. Can you think of another
mic that would be useful to try along with the 421?

Some generic condenser mike without a transformer in it.
--scott

I'm trying to think what I might have that's transformerless. My TLM67
doesn't have a transformer, but I only have one. (We need two matching
mics for video aesthetics.) What about the Beta 87A?