Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Audio_Empire[_2_] Audio_Empire[_2_] is offline

Default Modern Reviewing Practices In Audio Rags Have Become Useless

On Saturday, August 3, 2013 6:52:42 AM UTC-7, Robert Peirce wrote:
In article ,
=20
Audio_Empire wrote:

For instance, you can't use pop/rock to test for image=20

=20
specificity, because being multitrack and multi-miked with all instrume=

nts

I'm told you can hear that on a good system. I don't listen critically=

=20
enough to know for sure.

I'd say that you CAN'T hear that because it doesn't exist with pan-potted p=
ositioning of instruments. Of course, if the rock producer specifies an ove=
rall stereo pair of mikes in addition to the multi-mike, multi-channel-mono=
practices that are the norm, then you might hear it. But I don't know of a=
ny rock recordings that were recorded that way. Does anyone else know? I wo=
uld love to find out.=20