Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Audio_Empire Audio_Empire is offline

Default Modern Reviewing Practices In Audio Rags Have Become Useless

In article ,
ScottW wrote:

On Wednesday, July 31, 2013 10:17:47 AM UTC-7, Andrew Haley wrote:
Audio_Empire wrote:

So what? I've never seen any evidence that great-sounding speakers

don't sound great with all kinds of music. Also, it makes sense to

listen to speakers playing the kind of music you know well.

That's incorrect for a start. I repeat. If you don't have a good idea

what real music sounds like, then you have no basis for judging whether

a piece of reproducing equipment is accurate or not.

Maximum accuracy is not always maximum pleasure.

But it is the goal of high-fidelity. But anyway, whether it is or isn't
"maximum pleasure" is beside the point. Using studio-recorded pop music
as a "reference", the reviewer wouldn't be able to judge accuracy if he
heard it!

I've heard a live snare drum in my listening room, I didn't like it and I
don't need nor want a speaker that can recreate that sound.

Now we're back to taste again and grasping at straws, as well, I see.