Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Rockinghorse Winner[_5_] Rockinghorse Winner[_5_] is offline

Default Good Literature

Boon writes:

Could you tell who was talking without having to trace the
conversation back?

I don't know. He's gotten acclaim and all and who am I to criticize
but that book left me unimpressed. It could have just been my frame of
mind at the time.

Come to think of it, I did have to trace back the conversations more
than once. Again, this reminds me a little of Hemingway. In college,
we analyzed one of Hemingway's short stories (can't remember which
one, but it had something to do with two men meeting outside of a bar
or restaurant), and within the lengthy dialogue there's a place where
it gets switched. The trick was to find exactly where it was switched.
Apparently there's been a lot of debate over whether this was
intentional or not.

Sounds like 'A Clean, Well Lighted Place' IIRC. I seem to remember the same
'glitch' in the conversation!