Posted to rec.audio.tech
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

Default digitalizing vinyl records

"Bernard" wrote in message
news
I am looking for an usb audio interface that would give good results in
digitilizing vinyls. Using my original sound card give results that are
rather poor in quality. I read somewhere that I ought to have a usb audio
interface. Could someone tell of his/her own experience on a specific
interface for that purpose ?

Since you've given zero specific information, it is hard to make a
meaningful response.

Vinyl doesn't really take a magnificent audio interface to be digitized
well.

If money matters to you, try a Behringer uca 202. About $30 in many music
and pro audio stores.

If you have a little money to spend, try a eMu 0202. Musician's Friend is
selling refurbs for about $80.

If you have a lot of money to spend you could make a nice contribution to a
charity... but otherwise one of the best audio interfaces around is still
the LynxTwo, for about $800.