Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Iain Churches[_2_] Iain Churches[_2_] is offline

Default Another proposal

"John Byrns" wrote in message

It's not clear to me why you were hoping that Graham "would start the
thread"?

It was an attempt at diversionary diplomacy on my part, John.
If you didn't realise that, then it means I succeeded at least
in part:-)

The deep division within this group is, it seems to me
that many of the "anti" faction are keen on driving their
own agenda, at all costs.

For me, tube audio is a fascinating and rewarding hobby.
I spend my working days in the digital domain, and as
light relief very much enjoy building and listening to tube
amps. I devote as much time to this as I can, and
am probably one of the most active builders here.

From time to time, one comes into contact with diehard
audiophiles, whose questions (why have you not used
silver hook up wire? why are the switched Grayhill and not
Elma? etc) are difficult to reply to.

They never seem to ask "Why did you choose a mu-follower
for the first stage, but are greatly disturbed by the fact that you
have used a transistor as a CCS, and have neglected to
use Jensen capacitors in the signal path. Oh, and a
shielded mains cable is a must.

From his posts in this newsgroup my impression of Graham is
that he apparently doesn't fully understand much of the information he
likes to regurgitate, and that as a result many of the conclusions he
draws are in correct.

It seems from his reply, that Graham does not have the time
at the moment for this Myths and Legends thread. So it is
probably down to us lesser mortals.

Regards
Iain