Posted to rec.audio.pro
Frank Stearns Frank Stearns is offline

Default Fascinating MS

"Gary Eickmeier" writes:

All -

And me to record them. OK, so the music is not GREAT, but I can still try
for maximum realism in the sound and polish my recording techniques. Again,
this one with MS from the AT 2050 multi pattern mikes in Fig 8 mode I was 10
ft from the front line of saxes, and the group was 24 ft wide and 14 ft
deep.

https://soundcloud.com/eickmeier-1/w...d-of-fool-3wav

Seems like the biggest sonic problem is the drop ceiling -- early (and uneven)
reflections in the higher mid and top, then more oddities as the mids and bass
reflect off the harder, denser surface that's a few feet above the drops.

This leads to some odd image hot spots, along with some peculiar phasiness. Might be
nothing wrong with the technique but I'd not want to judge it one way or another
until it was possible to record in a more acoustically friendly room.

Stay at it.

Frank
Mobile Audio