Posted to rec.audio.pro
Luxey Luxey is offline

Default Fascinating MS

субота, 31. јануар 2015. 14.07.17 UTC+1, Peter Larsen је написао/ла:
For deep ensembles, such as those with a concert grand I added an other omni
on the piano, often but not always only one. Stereo miking of a concert
grand for spot miking is grossly overevaluated and often causes more stereo
problems than it solves, I trust the main pair to deliver the stereo image
and just use the spot mic(s) - suiably delayed - to add focus.

Kind regards

Peter Larsen

Sorry if I already mentioned this. Some time ago, I've recorded a series of
solo (prepared) piano concerts. However, the deal and the scheduelle was such
taht I'd show there just before the very begining, plug my multitrack into
their PA console and take the signal from inserts. People working there always
did the same set up,
- two cardioid mics (I forgot the model) close to strings and the lid
- Kind of ORTF pair of C1000s' with omni capsules

My job was to record 4 tracks and later mix them for CD (low number run,
self published by artist). Which I did and ok...

Story being, each time I got there, I asked those guys to reverse the setup
for the next concert, put the omnies inside and have cardioids for ORTF,
they'd alwasys say, mmm, cool, we'll do it for the next one and they never
did.