Posted to rec.audio.car
D.Kreft D.Kreft is offline

Default Enclosure Position question

On Feb 22, 7:11 am, "Trey" wrote:

I have my ported box, everyone who's heard it thinks i have twelves
but i was wanting to know if the box's position in the trunk could
make it louder or lower.

You could, in fact, reap some benefit by corner-loading the
subwoofer(s); some cars actually sound better with the subs facing
rearward.

Just play around with it and see for yourself--every install is
different. The only thing you want to keep in mind is to keep at least
one, preferably two port diameters away from any wall...so if you have
two 4" dia. ports, make sure that the nearest obstruction in front of
the port is no closer than 4" away, otherwise you'll shift the tuning
of your enclosure which may lead to an undesireable tuning.

What can i do to make the inside louder?

More power and/or more speakers is a sure-fire way to make it louder.

-dan