John Noll

James wrote:
(Mike Rivers) wrote in message news:znr1094554357k@trad...

I guess that with the interest in high grade/priced mics in the US,
they decided to ship some C-38Bs over here and send out a press
release to see if its time has come around yet.

ah... interesting info thanks mike, so they should be exactly the same
mic, i wonder how they are selling? and no wonder the capsules are
still available.

i wonder how these differ from the c-48, which I find to be "very
nice" but a little lack luster. Same/similar capsule?

cheers, and thanks again for your repair advice.
james

Just to butt in for a moment...
We have a C38B here and have been using it lately on
kick drum much in the same way that lot of folks use a
47FET. It sounds really good in that application. Nice
on bass amp and vocals also. A really nice all around
microphone. However, not worth the 2K that they're
asking for the new ones IMHO.

As for repairing yours, my guess is that it's probably
an electronic issue as opposed to a diaphram problem.
Any decent tech could probably find the offending component.

John Noll