Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

Default Cylindrical vs. box shaped subwoofers

"Barkingspyder" wrote in message

Based on what I have read here if I'm going to use Sonotube, it would be
very wise to find some way to brace it internally.

Not exactly rocket science. Get a bunch of 2x2 clear pine, some 3 1/2" dry
wall screws, a 1/8" drill, and some construction adhesive.

Your knuckles and ears are probably your best tools.

Possibly, there is some other brand of tubing that would be thicker and
possibly more rigid.

Unlikely. This stuff is built for a different purpose (concrete forms), and
it is entirely adequate if not overbuilt for that purpose.