Posted to rec.audio.tech
James Lehman James Lehman is offline

Default Fixed Sony TA-F555ES Integrated Amplifier Today

Do you think that the electrolytic juice got cooked out?

I wonder what steps , if any have been taken to prolong the life of a
capacitor in the last 25 years.

I have several amps from the late 70's, early 80's.

I'd like to think that when you get something like that, it should last
forever.

I know one thing... I never buy speakers with foam surrounds any more. I
don't even look at them. I go straight for the butyl rubber or treated cloth
or whatever.

James. )

"John Horner" wrote in message
James Lehman wrote:
It's nice to win one every once and a while. Congratulations!

James. )

Thanks. I wonder how many other bad or marginal electrolytics there are
in there. The circuits are chock full of the little animals and this is
a very hot running amplified. Even under no load it gets quite warm.
Perhaps some of the stages are biased more in a Class-A style as opposed
to Class B or AB.

John