Howard Ferstler

dave weil wrote:

On Mon, 07 Mar 2005 16:06:11 -0500, Howard Ferstler
wrote:

MINe 109 wrote:

In article ,
Howard Ferstler wrote:

OK, Dave, you tell me just how many rock recordings are
engineered to sound like a live-music performance?

The Who Live at Leeds
Live at Kelvin Hall The Kinks
Cowboy Junkies Trinity Sessions
Simon and Garfunkel Concert in Central Park

There's four...

Out of thousands. Sorry, but the exceptions in this case do
not bend the rule.

Howard Ferstler

Try every studio Dire Straits album ever recorded.

Still but a small fraction of the total. Yes, there are
exceptions, but most rock freaks commute with the rule and
not the exceptions.

Also, even the Dire Straits concerts are probably mostly
electronically amplified, and so we really do not have a way
to discover just what such "live" performances are supposed
to sound like. There is not way a home audio system can
accurately simulate live programs that are themselves
electronically amplified.

Howard Ferstler