Howard Ferstler

MINe 109 wrote:

In article ,
Howard Ferstler wrote:

MINe 109 wrote:

In article ,
Howard Ferstler wrote:

OK, Dave, you tell me just how many rock recordings are
engineered to sound like a live-music performance?

The Who Live at Leeds
Live at Kelvin Hall The Kinks
Cowboy Junkies Trinity Sessions
Simon and Garfunkel Concert in Central Park

There's four...

Out of thousands. Sorry, but the exceptions in this case do
not bend the rule.

That's not a rule, that's a snobbish prejudice.

Why is it when someone has a rational approach to a subject
like music those who have a less rational approach typecast
him as "snobbish?"

One could argue that a system needs to be accurate to reflect the
artist's intentions most faithfully.

Yes. Which system does the best job of reproducing all of
that noise?

Fortunately, according to you, pretty much all equipment is
automatically accurate.

Stephen

Amps, wires, CD players, for sure, barring defects, of
course, or intentional design anomalies. If you think I
believe in automatic accuracy when it comes to speakers or
surround processors, or speaker/room interactions, you need
to scare up some of my magazine articles and reports, or
books, and get up to date.

Howard Ferstler