dave weil

On Mon, 07 Mar 2005 16:12:24 -0500, Howard Ferstler
wrote:

so he's basically talking out of his ass when it
comes to how a system can mimic a live event.

Rock music when performed "live" usually involves a bank of
speakers up front, with the performers sending virtually all
of their output through those speakers. Because the speakers
are usually set up for volume instead of pure sound quality,
I would say that any rock recording that sounds like a
"live" performance when played back at home is delivering
junk sound.

Yes, because those hi-fi systems are sending virtually all of their
output through speakers.

But of course, this occurs when you are listening to YOUR "bank of
speakers" when listening to Corelli. Unless of course, you have some
of the output being sent to your toaster.

So, I think we can dismiss your point out of hand.