Laurence Payne

Default Can you run Phantom Power to non-condenser mics?

On Wed, 26 Nov 2003 17:23:06 GMT, "Ray B."
wrote:

So, my question is...do I risk any damage to either the mics or the board if
I run those non-condensor mics into a balanced XLR input that has phantom
power turned on? I'd like to avoid having to buy 2 separate phantom power
supplies just for those 2 condenser mics, given the fact that my current
board does have phantom power.

A faulty cable or XLR plug might expose the SM58 to some risk. If
connected correctly, it will be OK. They are routinely run on
phantom powered channels.

CubaseFAQ page www.laurencepayne.co.uk/CubaseFAQ.htm