Posted to rec.audio.car
Mister.Lull Mister.Lull is offline

Default Subwoofer grill

Oops, I thought spacers were solid all the way around... My bad.

Damn, I'm 0 for 2 on this post, I thought the favorite design had the
most amount of breath-ability..........

Okay, here's another suggestion (and I know this isn't what you want to
hear): have the plexiglass cut in the shape of a normal subwoofer
grill... It's a lame suggestion, I know, but at least then you wouln't
have to worry about the airflow.

~Mister.Lull
KU40 wrote:
Mister.Lull Wrote:
KU40,

I don't know if that would work in this situation. If he's using
spacers to raise a grill up off of a subwoofer, there's no airspace
for
the pressure/air/sound to go to off to the sides like in your home sub
analogy... Though, your theory is completely sound other than that.
My suggestion is to go with the design that leaves the most open space
(your favorite). If your math is correct, then you have nothing to
worry about.
~Mister.Lull

why not? they aren't solid spacers all the way around the sub. all
he'd need are 3-4 little pegs to stand the grill on, very similar to
the pegs/feet that a downfiring home sub sits on. there would
certainly be room, it's just like a home setup.

--
KU40