Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Default Crosstalk in snake cable that include speaker cables and mic cables

david gourley wrote:
Trevor said...news
On 7/06/2018 1:05 AM, Scott Dorsey wrote:
In article , Tim Sprout

wrote:
On 6/5/2018 6:24 AM, wrote:
I can confirm that this type snake CAN create an ultrasonic

oscillation that can quickly damage a power amp.

How does one detect ultrasonic oscillations?

Usually by the smoke. I once saw a Phase Linear amp shoot fire three

feet
in the air due to stability issues. It was very impressive but cut the

band's
act somewhat short.

They weren't nick-named "Flame Linear's" for nothing. :-)

The SAEs didn't seem to be far behind, either.

Agreed, and SWTPC also was famous for instability. The Phase Linear, though,
was famous because it just had such an enormous amount of power and such
poor stability margins. The combination was bad.