Posted to rec.audio.pro
jeffontheleft jeffontheleft is offline

Default Advice on buying my next piece of gear

I forgot to mention that I have a 421, so I'm not lacking a good
dynamic but I have been curious to try an SM7 on my vocals. As for
monitoring I'm kind of stuck with my room which is roughly 15'x25'
with arched ceilings that are maybe 15' at peak. The floors and
ceilings are carpeted, the walls are standard sheetrock. Without any
treatment the room produces a pretty awful flutter so I've added a ton
of Auralex panels in a random configuration. Also, above my 20/20's
I've hung more Auralex and 10' directly behind my desk I've put up two
homemade bass traps. I'm glad to hear that the 4050 is held in such
high esteem, still I feel like its a little dull and I want something
fuller, more complete sounding. Thanks for the input so far.