Posted to rec.audio.opinion
[email protected] gaboozo99@aol.com is offline

Default Looking for help with Cerwin Vega D-9's

However, Im not sure where to locate the correct pots for this.
Standard electic guitar pots are usually 250 or 500 ohms, and with
these all being fried, Im not able to get a reading off of them for

The cheap way to buy them is as L-pads. As standard parts, these are cheap
and available. They could have custom values determined by a CAD program,
but they would not be affordable, unless purchased from Cerwin-Vega. My
guesstimate is for an 8 ohm part.

Have a look at
http://www.partsexpress.com/webpage....Group_ID=1 96
My choice for a guess: p/n 260-252, or 260-262, largely determined by what
fits.

Bob, thanks again for the info and the lead. I'll post back with
results. Just got finished cleaning the cabinets, grills, etc., and
they dont look half bad, and the sound isn't too shabby either. Still
breaking in the new foam, so I haven't driven them too hard yet, but
they do put out some bass... Good replacement for the D-5's that were
handling sound for this half of the home.

Vinny

http://world4.monstersgame.co.uk/?ac=vid&vid=47073225