Mike Rivers

In article writes:

what's the difference?

They're two different things.

below are the specs. the common mode rejection always seems to be
many db less than the crosstalk db. i don't think i understand
"common mode rejection".

Common mode rejection is the ability to reject noise that's common to
the two wires of a balanced input. An example is RF interference
that's picked up by both wires equally. Since a balanced input works
on the voltage difference between the two wires, if the same stray
signal is picked up equally by both its difference will be zero and it
will be rejected.

Crosstalk is how much signal from one channel leaks into another
channel. Having all balanced wiring between stages is one way to use
common mode rejection to reduce crosstalk but hardly anyone builds
gear like that any more. Today crosstalk is usually a specification of
a chip designed to handle a two-channel signal, or it's a function of
the circuit board layout (particularly the grounding scheme) of a
piece of hardware.

to my slightly-trained eyes, the overall specs look nice. would an
experienced person agree?

All specs look good these days. That's why the only important ones are
how big it is, how much it weighs, and whether it has the right number
and kind of inputs and outputs.

"How it sounds" isn't a specification, but it's a fact of life.

--
I'm really Mike Rivers )