Jerry G.

Default Crown DC300 amp question

I own a number of them in mint condition. These are excellent amps, and I
never had a problem with them. I am the original owner for more than 20
years. These have been reliable.

When switching the power off and on, it is normal to have a thump from the
collapse or build-up of the supply, depending if it is be turned off or on.
There is no delay relay in this amp.

If the amp is working properly, there should very little DC on its output at
any position of rotation of the volume control. It is normally less than
about 0.02 VCD at the output with no load. Infact, it has less DC on its
output than many of the modern consumer amps of today.

If there are any faults, any of the high end audio service places can
service this amp for you. Crown Audio can advise you about where to take it
for service in your area, if need be.

--

Greetings,

Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG
WebPage http://www.zoom-one.com

"conrad" wrote in message
om...
I have a Crown dc300 amplifier and I want ot hook it up to LFE output
of my Home theater amplifier.Now I know that this particular amp if it
malfunctions could damage everything in it's output
path(subwoofers)..but what about it's input?Could it damage my Home
theater amp?Could damaging voltage flow backwards from the input side?