Arny Krueger

Default Crown DC300 amp question

"sk8erteck" wrote in message

Could damaging voltage flow backwards from the input side?

This is a possibility, albeit a remote possibility in the case of any piece
of equipment. However, it is pretty rare.

probably no, but it is possible. if your amp takes a lightning strike
you can pretty much expect that everything connected to it is fried.

Agreed.

it depends on the type of malfunction. are you expecting it to
malfunction?

The usual kind of power amp failures don't result in damaging voltages
appearing at the input to the amplifier.

also, i dont recommend hooking up pro audio equipment to consumer level
equipment. but it can be done without problems.

In the days when a Crown DC-300 was a current model, it was considered to be
consumer electronics. AFAIK it was sold by consumer audio dealers,
advertised in consumer audio magazines, and reviewed in them as well. The
first time I heard a Crow DC-300 was in a high end audio shop.

Secondly, there's generally no problem other than matching input connectors,
when it comes to interfacing present-day pro-audio power amps with consumer
audio systems.

As we all know, most consumer audio power amps have RCA-type input jacks
while most pro-audio amps have TRS and/or XLR input jacks.

If one obtains a standard RCA-to-TS or RCA-to-XLR adaptor, the connections,
voltages and impedances will be "in the ball park".