Posted to sci.electronics.repair,rec.audio.tech

Default Cracking open a Galaxy Audio PA amp

On Sep 14, 5:03*pm, "Bill Graham" wrote:
"William R. Walsh" wrote in ...

Hi!

Fine idea, and was my next tactic. As you say, what have I got
to lose?
It'll be interesting to see what kind of response I'll get. I've had
good luck with this approach in the past.

It will be interesting. Please do post back with their response.

Looking at the unit, I wondered if perhaps the cabinet was snapped
together internally at assembly time. I saw what to me looked like a
seam line, but the photos weren't really high resolution enough to
tell.

If that's true, it may mean that opening the unit will mar the finish
or break some/all of the things holding it together.

William

*Try fitting a piece of paper through the crack to see if it really is a
separate piece of metal.....Reminds me of the wooden beams that "hold up" my
living room ceiling.....Until I was able to put a sheet of paper between the
wall and the end of the beam.....turns out that its the other way
around....The ceiling is holding up the beams....:^)- Hide quoted text -

Try dropping it if you don't hear from the manufacturer.