Sean Scott

wrote in message
ups.com...
Most think that cassette adapters are not usable with most Benz radios
due to the tight fitting cassette door. Read on.

While waiting for a *good* integrated iPod solution, I came up with
this. It is pretty clean and I may never bother getting any fancier. I
got a Philips cassette adapter. The brand is important because this one
has a flat two conductor wire rather than the fatter round wire most
adapters have. With the flat wire, you can shove the cassette adapter
in and then close the tight fitting door on the wire if you carefully
dress the wire out behind the upper right side of the cassette door.
Then get one of the these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MEWA:IT

(I have no connection to this ebay seller). This cradle/charger (or
something similar) is also sold under a branded name called Podgear,
but AFAIK Podgear is only sold in the UK. You can plug the cassette
adapter wire into a jack on the cradle, so no wires have to be fiddled
with to insert and remove the ipod. Just drop the ipod into the cradle,
and hit the cassette button. This is FAR better sounding that any FM
transmitter solution and the wire clutter is almost nil.

One small problem, who has a cassete player in their car anymore? I havn't
had a cassete player in my car since '85.