dconder

Default Noise problem please help.

Thanks Daniel for the suggestion. Turns out, it was not the wire but for
some reason, the ground point. I made a new ground point and hooked the 2 8
gauge ground cables to it and everything worked fine.

The noise problem seems to be a ground loop. I installed a Scosche Isolater
and I think it got about all of it. Now, I just have a bit of hiss.
Getting closer I think.

"Daniel Snooks" wrote in message
Douglas Conder wrote
Some progress to report.....

I found out that the reason my amp was shutting down was that somewhere,

have a big voltage drop. I checked the voltage with the music cranked

and
it was all over the place. Anywhere from 10's to 13's. At JL's

suggestion,
I replaced the 8 gauge with the 4 gauge coming straight from the battery

and
added a new 4 gauge ground and made a new ground point. This is just

with
the 300/4, not both amps. I cranked it up and loud as I wanted and it

never
shut off and sounded alot better. Checked the voltage again and even

with
the amp bridged, the voltage never dropped below 14 volts. So, for some
reason, my 8 gauge cables were dropping voltage. Not sure why yet. I

did
notice that my ground cables were way too long. Not sure if that could

do
it but, they were like 5-6 feet each. The new 4 gauge ground is like

18".
I am wondering if the noise problem could be something with the poor
voltage. We will see. I have to figure out either a way to fixed the
voltage leak from the 8 gauge or run 0/1 gauge to two 4 gauge or run

another
4 gauge from the battery.

Paul is right about the 1/0 being overkill, I would go a step further and
say that you can run the existing 4 gauge into a fused distro block and

then
use 6 gauge to each amp from there (try to keep the 6 gauge runs short)

You
could also run the same deal with the grounds using an unfused distro, but
the only reason to do that would be esthetics.

--
Regards,
Dan Snooks