Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Lord Valve Lord Valve is offline

Default Monster Power Amp by Stephie Bench and Myself

hugeshows wrote:

Stephie,

I'm deeply sorry that you had to see this mess of a thread, and I apologize for even starting it. Of course, I would have never found you had I not posted here and asked about you. I think in retrospect that offering to share this project here may have been a mistake, as I certainly have no desire to expose our hard work to a certain handful of liars and trolls. I really should have gone about offering up the project for discussion in a different way, and regrettably, in a different forum. I had foolheartedly thought that there were still people here who collaboratively worked on projects, and back in the old days a project of your design would have been widely received here.

I'm nostalgic for the old R.A.T., where I first met you over 15 years ago. Where I met Uncle Ned, Jim McShane, and all the wonderfully friendly and helpful denizens that used to frequent this place. If it hadn't been for RAT, and the people on it, I would have never been able to do even a fraction of the things I have done with tube amps.

I am going to try to turn a corner here, and a few weeks ago decided that I'm only going to post useful threads, and I'm going to stop unprovoked poking of my fingers into the eyes of notorious trolls. It would appear that you were the recipient of some blowback that was intended for me, and I am a both sad and sorry about that.

Thanks for being such a good sport, and staying so classy. You've always been above the fray here, and along with your incredible technical chops, that's been one of the things I most admire about you. I wish I had anything approaching your discipline on either of those areas.

For the record, I'm truly sorry that my clumsy re-entry to RAT caused such mean-spirited and ignorant things to be said about you. I'd been hoping it had escaped your notice which is why I had not mentioned this thread in our correspondence or issued an overdue apology. I was simply hoping that those mean comments had missed you.

Regards,

you_know_who

Gettin' any?