Posted to rec.audio.car
mike mike is offline

Default Radio Draws 1/4 AMP when OFF!! is this right?

I bought a car radio/cd player.
Vr-3 VRCD400-SDU
I'd like to leave it powered and use it's on/off switch
to turn it on/off.
But the darn thing draws 1/4 AMP when it's turned off.
With my driving habits, I'm gonna have a perpetual dead battery.

Of course, this doesen't show up on the spec sheet.
I sent a note to customer service, but I don't expect a rational
reply from them. Is this a common problem?

When I take it back and go looking for a better one, how do I find out
without buying it? I have a clamp-on current probe, maybe I'll
sneak behind the demo panel...;-)

Thanks, mike