Posted to rec.audio.high-end

Default Is flat frequency response desirable?

wrote in message ...

It isn't about realism. If it is real it sounds real. Period. Sounds
better..... sounds worse....... That is certainly in play, but realism
isn't an issue with live acoustic music. It is real.

But it is an issue with reproduced music. The goal should be realism, not
"accuracy." I know this is heretical, but we are not "doing" accuracy,
because the recorded signal is not what we are trying to reproduce. We are
trying to reproduce the original acoustic event, the "thing" that was
recorded and compressed down into two or more audio channels. Running them
through two point sources and aiming them at your face is not the answer.

Gary Eickmeier