Posted to rec.audio.car
MOSFET MOSFET is offline

Default Answered my own question.....

I just now got my multimeter out and set it to 200 ohms. When the probes
are not touching I get no reading at all. When the probes touch each other
OR touch each blade of a blade fuse I get a .5 ohm reading. I just now went
out to my car and tested every fuse, they all seemed fine as I got the .5
ohm reading.

So it does not appear that I have a bad fuse as now I have electricaly
tested them as well as visually tested them.

Man, this one really has me stumped. Again, the engine starts and runs
perfectly. Yet obviously something is seriously wrong with my electrical
system as about half of the dash lights do not work (fortunately all the
intrument cluster lights do work). But the instrument cluster lights are
about the only lights that DO work. The ciggarrette light does not work
(nor do I get power to the cigarette lighter), the heater lights don't work
and the shifting lights do not work. Yet all of these had worked before.

Also, the battery and alternator appear to be fine as I just checked that.
I was getting 14.4 from the battery.

HELP!!!

Nick