Posted to rec.audio.pro,alt.music.makers.soloact,alt.music.home-recording,alt.steinberg.cubase,rec.audio.tech
Murray[_8_] Murray[_8_] is offline

Default Will a Focusrite Saffire from the US work in Australia? Can ichange power supply unit?

On Aug 19, 1:34*am, wrote:
Just wondering about power supply to the Focusrite Saffire if it will
work in Australia i think it comes with a 12v AC, 1.5A external PSU
(Power Supply Unit) but is that from 110/120 dc to 12v AC... and if so
could i replace it with a 220/240 down to 12 AC PSU?

Any help would be great thanks!

And then there's the issue of trying to run an iron core 60 Hz
transformer on 50 Hertz as well. Even if you use a stepdown
transformer in Australia, I am sure your transformer based PS will run
much hotter for the same load because of greater core losses on the
lower frequency. Xl = 2 pi f L shows how frequency influences
Inductive reactance. - Sure there's a lot more to transformers than
that; but you will end up with a higher magnetising current on 50 Hz
and more heat generated by core loss.

For those who sugessted Switch-mode, I doubt you will get a Switch
mode PS outputting AC.

Just try the Australian distributor and ask them to ship one to your
Australian contact address, then you can be sure that is is compliant
with Australian standards with the correct mains plug, unlike
something you buy in Europe.