Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Bruce Esquibel Bruce Esquibel is offline

Default The end of R.A.H-E

RAHE Moderator wrote:

2. Open the newsgroup.

In this proposal, rec.audio.high-end becomes unmoderated. Anyone
can post at any time on any subject. Spammers will likely run rampant,
and frequent flamewars between people who believe that they can hear
differences between certain things and people who believe that nobody
can hear those differences will dominate the non-spam content. (That's
just my opinion.)

That's probably the best bet.

I really think the spamming era is over for massive disruptions.

The trolls and spammers need an audience to keep their attention to the group
and being the audience is gone, I really don't see it as a problem.

Usenet died and there was a film at 11 which no one bothered to watch.

My only concern is with switching the status, there used to be "a board"
where the control message is sent out from, but I haven't see a peep out of
them except for "lists of usenet groups" lately.

Even if the moderation flag change is sent out, not sure how many news
servers will honor it anymore. So some servers will still have it moderated
and others won't.

But out of the other choices, it's probably the most sane one to try.

-bruce