Sander deWaal

Walther said:

If I ever would buy a Braun, Leak, Radford or any other
old amp, I'd modify the heck out of them!
Probably only use the transformers :-)

...but what for? You mean you could easily improve the sound?
Of a Braun, Leak or Radford (once famed to be better than Quad)?
Better built your own amo, the transformers are still available.
I´d like to hear the difference if there is one...

You bet there are differences.
Since the 1950s, many new approaches to amplifier design were
developed (SRPP, OTL/Circlotron etc).
Not to mention better components like caps and resistors.

Usually, when an old amp falls into my hands, and it's not a
collectable, I strip it entriley, and mostly only the trannies are
used for new projects.

SETAs is an entirely different subject, I mostly build PP amps.

--
Sander de Waal
" SOA of a KT88? Sufficient. "